As you read “Independent People,” it is impossible to not be impressed with Laxness’ incredible use of language and imagery, which holds true even in translation. I hold up the following passage from the J.A. Thompson translation where Bjartur of Summerhouses lays out his philosophy of life for the visitors to his humble turfhouse. Continue reading
- 2017 INL Reads! Selection is “Ivory Vikings” by Nancy Marie Brown
- Saga of Gudrid-The Far-Traveler chosen for 2015 INL Reads!
- 2013 INL Reads! Selected at the INL of NA’s Seattle Convention
- 2012-13 INL Reads! Selection Made at the 2012 INL of NA Convention
- Questions and background links for Independent People discussions
Icelandic National L… on 2012-13 INL Reads! Selection M… icelandicroots on 2012-13 INL Reads! Selection M… bookgirl53 on Icelandic National League of N… Rob O on W.D. Valgardson blogs on Laxne… Eric Swanson on Great Passages in “Indep…