This is a wonderful meditation on Laxness, the nature of genius, the novel “Independent People,” and Icelandic society’s uneasy relationship with all of the above. It is a great opening to formulating your own thoughts or discussions on the novel.
- Saga of Gudrid-The Far-Traveler chosen for 2015 INL Reads!
- 2013 INL Reads! Selected at the INL of NA’s Seattle Convention
- 2012-13 INL Reads! Selection Made at the 2012 INL of NA Convention
- Questions and background links for Independent People discussions
- W.D. Valgardson blogs on Laxness and Independent People
Icelandic National L… on 2012-13 INL Reads! Selection M… icelandicroots on 2012-13 INL Reads! Selection M… bookgirl53 on Icelandic National League of N… Rob O on W.D. Valgardson blogs on Laxne… Eric Swanson on Great Passages in “Indep…